Tue, 04 Apr|
Deeper Work - Intake 1 2023
Christian Faith Based programme that helps you learn to work towards flourish
Time & Location
04 Apr, 7:00 pm SGT – 02 May, 9:00 pm SGT
About The Event
Why do we work? How should we work? What is work suppose to achieve?
Work is an important part of our lives but the concept of work is seldom discussed. We merely attach parental, educational, political and societal influences into our own understanding of work and that is why many of us do not see meaning in the work we do. For Christians, it gets more complicated when we are unable to navigate the concepts of calling and mission and integrate them into our work.
Through this programme, we are going on a journey into Deeper Work - one that starts with educating ourselves about the Biblical worldview of work and learning how to see our work differently so that we can flourish when we work. At the end of the programme, the outcomes for each participant would include:
- Having a Biblical worldview towards work
- Increasing vocational self awareness
- Creating a personal mission for work
We use content produced by the Disciple Nations Alliance (Copyright © 2014 by Disciple Nations Alliance. Published by the Disciple Nations Alliance (www.disciplenations.org) under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial 4.0 International License. For more information, see www.creativecommons.org) and include other components such as group work and discussions to facilitate vocational awareness, peer learning, sense of community and accountability.
The cost per participant is S$200 and this is used to cover the cost of Avodah People Solutions' facilitation, administration, materials and profiling tools used in the programme. The content from Disciple Nations Alliance is not chargeable.
The programme is a 9 sessions long, spanning across 1 month. Each session will be facilitated and include watching videos and discussions. The dates and topics of the 9 sessions include:
- 4 Apr Tues 7pm to 9pm - Introduction
- 6 Apr Thurs 7pm to 9pm - Spiritual Secular Divide
- 11 Apr Tues 7pm to 9pm - Biblical View of Work and Vocation
- 13 Apr Thurs 7pm to 9pm - Work before and after the Fall
- 18 Apr Tues 7pm to 9pm - God's agenda for Work
- 20 Apr Thurs 7pm to 9pm - Occupy with our Work
- 25 Apr Tues 7pm to 9pm - Partnership for Work
- 27 Apr Thurs 7pm to 9pm - Integrate Faith and Work
- 2 May Tues 7pm to 9pm - Discipling through Work
Session 1 - Introductions
Session 2 - Spiritual Secular Divide